Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 13:38:21 -0400
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache+PHP3 build problems

Damon Hammis wrote:

> I recently tried doing an install of Apache with PHP and IMAP support and
> here's what I discovered.
>
> First, PHP4 wouldn't work at all.
>
> Second, trying to compile everything on my own was a major pain in the butt
> and also didn't work properly.
>
> I wound up using the apache13-php port to install the module for php,
> figuring that I could build IMAP later on.  When I did the install I was
> given a menu asking me which modules I wanted to install into apache, php
> and imap included.  I selected those options and it did the
> rest.  Everything works great and I run Horde's IMP web mail program on it
> without fail.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --Damon

What version of FreeBSD are you using? This particular box is
3.3-RELEASE.
It's the main server for my company, and I hadn't planned on doing an
upgrade, as it's working just fine. There is no "apache13-php" port
on the 3.3 CD. The system here at home is 3.4. There *is* a port there,
which I tarred up and moved to the 3.3 box. It bombs out doing the
patches. I looked at the current ports collection, and there is no
apache-php3 there.

BTW, how do you like IMP? I was going to try TWIG. I am now using
Neomail, but thought that TWIG might be worth a try. That's why I
need the IMAP support.
--
Jim Durham