Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 00:36:20 +0100
From:      Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
To:        Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sync card?

Jim Shankland wrote:

> The SDL WANic works great in FreeBSD 2.2.x; see http://www.sdlcomm.com.
>
> Jim Shankland
> Flying Fox Computer Systems, Inc.

Not so great, I could only get it to work in PPP mode not HDLC.  It will
be great when FreeBSD is a supported platform.  At the moment BSDI,
Linux and NT are supported and they're not worth donkey shit compared to
FreeBSD as you all know.

Someone else suggested the ET card was difficult to set up.  I don't
know about that.  If you do exactly what the manual says it will work
first time.

I like both cards.  The SDL card is cheaper, but the ET card is made for
FreeBSD and has more features.

regards
damian

--