Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:39:42 -0400
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Install problem with RC-3

I wish I was able to try/find this last week, but could try until last
night.

I download and build the 4.1 RC-3 floppies to install RC-3 on my Sony
Vaio laptop using the USB Linksys adapter, it is found and does work.

Try #1
  Search faild to find an IPv6 RA, probably my fault.  Then did NOT find
my DHCP server, not my fault.

Try #2
  Make sure rtadvd is running on the server, pre KAME merge.  Might
still be misconfigured.
  Search faild to find an IPv6 RA, probably my fault.  Then did NOT find
my DHCP server, not my fault.

Try #3
  Just say NO to IPv6.  Then did NOT find my DHCP server, not my fault.

All times manual IPv4 config worked fine and after install DHCP worked.
And rtsol did configure the adapter for IPv6.

I am guessing this is an USB/ether problem.

Jim
--
Studies show that 1 out of every 4 Americans suffer some form of
    mental illness.  So look at your three best friends, if they