Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:12:18 -0500
From:      "John C. Place" <jcplace@attglobal.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD only mounts once

Hi, A question for the ATAPI experts out there. One of the machines at
work I upgraded to 3.3R. Now the CDROM will mount exactly once. That
is to say after a reboot the cd will mount and reads fine. You can
unmount it without error. If you try to mount it again it will return:
CD9660: Invalid Arguements

It does not matter if you change CDs. The ROM is useless untill a reboot.

Here is what is reported on bootup:

wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 1 (atapi): <ACER CD-767E/S/V2.1E>, removable, intr, iordy
atapi1.1: unknown phase
atapi1.1: unknown phase
atapi1.1: unknown phase
atapi1.1: unknown phase
atapi1.1: unknown phase

I can't swear that the "atapi1.1: unknown phase" is new. It is not my
machine and I rarely sit in front of it.

Now I did a search on "atapi1.1: unknown phase" and got some hits. One
of which is a unclosed gnat report from some time ago. None of these
hits had a resoulition. I have moved the ROM to it's own interface and
still the same behavior happens.

Any one expirenced this, or better yet have a soulition?

Thanks,
John