Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 13:53:42 -0500
From:      chris@tourneyland.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hoping to configure DNS

>	You want to get a copy of DNS and BIND, 3rd Edition from O'Reilly. It is
>THE reference to all issues DNS, and you should read it and understand it
>before putting a nameserver on the internet. Misconfigured nameservers can
>cause all manner of problems.

Arrrrg, I was afraid of that. Sorry if this sounds trollish (and
unappreciative), but does is lazy old me really going to have to buy and
read ANOTHER 400 page book just to get DNS up and going? Maybe I'm
hopelessly naive,  but why is DNS so complex? How come I can't just write a
text file mapping IPs to hostnames?

Oh well. I believe I'll take another look at my book and the FAQs to see if
I can avoid the dreaded Bind book.

Thanks though Doug!
Chris

>Good luck,
>
>Doug

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 19449154 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.icq.com/19449154 (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen 19449154@pager.icq.com
* You may visit my Personal ICQ Homepage: http://members.icq.com/19449154
Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/download/
For adding similar signatures to your e-mail go to:
http://www.icq.com/email/emailsig.html