Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:12:14 -0500
From:      "James A Halstead ;001;icsg3;" <jah4007@cs.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: panic: nfs_fsync: not dirty

Ok, I went to try my port build again, and noticed that the filesystem
on the nfs server had filled up. Not sure how this relates, but:

I did make clean on entire tree, and deleted all distfiles. After waiting
for a little while to let softupdates catch up, I noticed that it didn't
reclaim much of the space. I unmounted the filesystem to do an fsck, but
umount hung in the 'softfl' state, although the filesystem appeared to be
unmounted. I tried to do some things, but in the end I had to reboot as
the box became too unstable. fsck on reboot gave thousands of UNREF DIR...
and UNREF FILE... messages. After reboot finished everything was fine with
the filesystem. nfs server looks like it is running 4.5-pre from hmm, end
of december... Thought I upgraded that... I do seem to remember having
a problem like this with an older version of 4.4-stable when ports filesystem
filled up. Although that time I didn't get a panic on the client machine.

Any thoughts?

I am going to go update my server box now...

James