Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 21:34:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing ID of 2940UW

 * Are all of those disks wide?  You can't put the controller's ID
 :
 * put the controller at ID 7... so it tends to win arbitration.

I know that.... ;)

 * >All disks are found fine if I set the adapter's ID to 7 (well I need
 * >to pull out one of the disks but that's it).
 *
 * You had to pull one because it is narrow I would guess?

No, because it's in an enclosure and I can't change the ID easily.  We
don't have any narrow-SCSI devices on our system.

 * Not that I know of.  Try setting the ID to something else, like 3.  It
 * should still work.

Ok, will try that tomorrow.  Thanks.

Satoshi