Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:03:23 -0600
From:      "Teilhard Knight" <teilhk@hotpost.co.uk>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
Subject:   Re: Wireless driver

> On Thursday 11 March 2004 19:44, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > I am writing my kernel config, and I do not know what wireless driver to
> > pick for an  SMC "SMC2662W" USB adapter.
> >
> > If you could also help me configure my wireless Internet reception, I
will
> > be grateful. I know the Handbook is there, but I have never succeeded
doing
> > what it says.
>
> Have a look at :
> http://vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi
>
> It's a driver for FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE for these USB WLAN adapters that
I've
> written. It's not yet part of FreeBSD, but that's just a matter of time
since
> the FreeBSD team eagerly wants to have this driver into the main source
tree.
> If you can't get it to work with the step-by-step manual on the site
please
> contact me and I will try to help you.
>
> grtz,
> Daan

This is really cool, Daan. However, I am running FreeBSD 4.9. Do you think
it will work? I am not optimistic after reading a little of the web page. If
it doesn't work, do you know of a driver I can benefit from?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Teilhard

30MB & 250MB Web based, POP3 & IMAP4 e-mail.

Sign up now: http://www.ghostmailbox.com