Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 09:36:54 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Jeff Palmer <scorpio@sunline.net>
Cc:        Andrea Venturoli <a.ventu@flashnet.it>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sportster ISDN 128k TA

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Jeff Palmer wrote:

> Windows claims my TA is on IRQ 5  IO 0x200,  I build the kernel to suit,
> but when I boot Fbsd (3.4-stable)  it says:
> isic0: not found at 0x200  (I've also tried 0x320 and 0x340)

This might be a Plug'n'Pray device, in which case you'll need the pnp
device in the kernel config.  At least then your dmesg should report a
card it can't assign a driver to (if that's whats wrong).

It might also help to make sure that your BIOS has the "PnP OS" option set
to false (which leaves the BIOS to setup IRQs etc).  I generally find that
this leaves Windows better off, as IME W95 PnP code can be
non-deterministic in its IRQ etc assignment.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia