Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:22:27 +1100
From:      "Richard Lyon" <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "Andrea Di Fabio" <fabio@cs.odu.edu>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IDE + SCSI

See comments below:

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Di Fabio <fabio@cs.odu.edu>
To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wednesday, 11 February 1998 13:50
Subject: IDE + SCSI

>I am trying to install 2.2.5 on a 1G SCSI drive.
>I use a aha1542cf and it seems to be working fine.
>
>My primary drive is a 2.3G IDE drive with Win95.
>After installing BSD on the SCSI drive I am not able to
boot it.

This is a similar setup to what I use. The problem is
because BIOS cannot
access the SCSI disk. With your exisiting hardware you have
two choices. The
first is to simply use the BIOS setup to disable the IDE
drive before you attempt
to boot FBSD. The second is to create a small partition on
the IDE drive and
install '/' as the mountpoint.

It may be possible to also do something with a floppy disk,
but I have never tried
this. My final solution was to totally dedicate the machine
to FBSD and put Microsoft
on a separate machine.