Date:      Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:21:39 -0400
From:      Benjamin Flom <benf@nexgen.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cluster Solution for FreeBSD

We are looking to setup a failover option and a load balancing otion
using the servers that are in place. At this point we have loaded
identical configurations on 3 machines. If one of the machines gets
overloaded, we would like to off some of the processing or connection
handling to one of the others. If one of the machines goes down we would
like to have the broken box fail over, and have the other machines pick
up the load. Ideally, we could add machines to and remove machines from
the cluster as needed. The ability to maintain this configuration over a
WAN would be of value as well. Is there any known way to do this, any
direction we should follow, or is it just a pipe dream?