Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 95 21:42:19 0100
From:      System Administrator <root@hebe.umcs.lublin.pl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help me,pls!!!!1

I have a little problem with Freebsd 2.1.0-R.
i can`t install a mouse and run X11.
First I have made the tty00 device by typing:
mknod tty00 c 24 0 .
Next I used to try to configure this device for several times
but the usual result was device not configured.
(I`ve tried :config /dev/tty00)
When I`ve tried to do ./MAKEDEV mouse then I`ve got
mouse->mouse and config command couldn`t do this.
(-> means a symbolic link)
I`ve tried to run xf86config and during configuration
I`ve selected a 3-button mouse and device name: /dev/tty00.
Could you explain me what I did wrong and help me ?
       Best wishes, waiting for reply
                                     Pawel Bryk
PS.my e-mail:pawel@hebe.umcs.lublin.pl or root@hebe.umcs.lublin.pl