Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:33:32 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.conf, pccard_ether and ifconfig_<if>

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 06:21:43AM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>=20
> I just worked out how to get my an0 802.11 card working properly across
> reboot and sleep mode. I couldn't find any documentation on it, so here is
> a chunk of text which a FreeBSD wordsmith might find tunable into real en=
glish.

Nice writeup!  My only complaint is that using ancontrol is
unnecessicary in this case.  ifconfig has all the support needed for
these operations and as such would be a better choice for the
documentation because it's not an(4) specific.  The only change in logic
that would be required would be adding code to test for the SSID
variables being set before using them since wi(4) cards only support one
SSID.  Otherwise, it's just mechanical transforms of ancontrol commands
to ifconfig commands.

-- Brooks

--=20

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J