Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 1995 21:26:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        colsen@pdsinc.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What I'd *really like* for 2.0.5

>   When would you need this by?  I have started playing with libdialog for
> some other stuff and I think this would be pretty straight forward.  Do
> you want it to cover ALL config options or just the most common?

I'd need it by Wednesday at the absolute latest and I don't know if
ALL the options are necessary, though it'd be nice.  I'd certainly
settle for just the most common ones!

Once it's generated the user's config file, it should then offer to
build and then (optionally) install it, also giving the user helpful
hints about booting with /kernel.old in case of trouble.

Oh yes, it should also mention the `-c' flag as an alternative to
configuring the kernel at all before you start..  Now that we have
dset working, the -c changes are permanant and a definite alternative
to compiling up a whole new kernel.

Thanks!
					Jordan