Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 13:16:10 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESCAPE! Florida Cruise/Vacation $598/4 People

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Jim Bryant wrote:

> anyone bother to do a whois on these...  jordan, how about an identd
> at least for sendmail....  whois says both domains are fake...

One of my customers was used as a relay yesterday.  Some idiot in
Hackensack NJ used my customer in Melbourne as a relay for over 1000
outbound messages.

I've just installed the patches which Adrian Chadd posted, and they seem
to work quite well to prevent relay.

I think the sendmail.cf which is shipped with FreeBSD should have
something like this in it.  If someone is going to tweak their
sendmail.cf, then they will probably be able to add the patches
themselves, but the shipped config is used by the masses.

Danny