Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:45:43 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Lednev <liettneff@bk.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [TEST] Updated port net/nvnet

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:49:31PM +0300, Michael Lednev wrote:
> Hello, Ruslan.
>=20
> 7 Dec 2004 ?., 18:32:57:
>=20
> RE> With this patch,
>=20
> RE> http://people.freebsd.org/~ru/patches/port_net_nvnet.patch
>=20
> RE> I'd be grateful if someone could test this update on i386.
>=20
> no luck on nforce3-250gb:
>=20
> root@reaper:~# kldload if_nv
> agp0: <NVIDIA Generic AGP Controller> mem 0xc0000000-0xcfffffff at
> device 0.0 on pci0
> agp0: Unable to find NVIDIA Memory Controller 1.
> device_attach: agp0 attach returned 19
>=20
> i assume that none of my devices were recognized as nforce nic, after
> applying Masahiko KIMOTO's october patch the device was recognized as
> MCP7 with cicada chip, but after ifconfig i've got kernel page fault
> :)
>=20
This has nothing to do with AGP.  Also, at least on AMD64,
kldloading this and some other modules doesn't work -- you
need to pre-load it from loader(8).  Add this line to
/boot/loader.conf:

	if_nv_load=3D"YES"

If you still don't have it running after this, send me the
output of "pciconf -lv" off the list.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov