Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:09:50 +0400
From:      "Pavel P. Zabortsev" <pasha@test.cdu.elektra.ru>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        "FreeBSD questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "FreeBSD isp" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD + IPX

> On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Pavel P. Zabortsev wrote:
>
> > Again about IPX on FreeBSD.
> > I want to use one of my PC with FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE as gateway
between
> > two LAN, where an IP traffic and an IPX traffic is. I've known there is
an
> > IPX router (called as IPXrouted) in FreeBSD. But it supports only
IPX/SPX
> > over Ethernet_II frame type 0x8137, but I need Ethernet_802.2.   :-(
> >
> > If somebody use FreeBSD as IPX router, write me, please.
>
> FreeBSD does not support frame types other than Ethernet_II.  How many
> PCs are there?  It is impossible to change to Ethernet_II?

I haven't enough expirience in IPX and I don't know how IPX's frame type
depends on number of PCs!
But I think that Ethernet_II is a frame type for IP, and Ethernet_802.2 is
a frame type for IPX. Correct me If I think wrong.

Yours sincerely,
Pavel

Pavel P. Zabortsev, software engineer
CDO UPS of Russia