Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:23:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   updating ports after upgrade (was Re: README.TXT and RELNOTES.TXT not updated before release tag?)

KS> The port people seemed to be keeping up in most cases but I was
KS> wondering if there was a policy on rebuilding your ports on new
KS> releases or simply letting well enough alone until you find something
KS> that is broken.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my general motto WRT computers.  As
mentioned earlier, about the only thing that needs to get updated is
lsof since it is tied to the OS version identifier string.  It might
still work but will complain.  Other than that, if something is broken
or you need a new feature from a newer version, then that's a reason
to upgrade it.  Otherwise why waste the time?