Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:48:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      easwarrior <cgarrett@raytheonvtc.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM x3650 raid controller hardware recommendation

I have purchased a new x3650 to use as my firewall for my network. I will be
installing pfSense. Unfortunately I did not pay attention when I ordered the
machine and have come to realize that the RAID controller does not have any
drivers for FreeBSD. Of course IBM states they do not support FreeBSD
either. Are there any suggestions on a controller to purchase for this unit.
It would have to be pci express and low profile and support SAS. I know I
can do a software RAID but rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks