Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 22:30:20 -0400
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        Database <petedonadio@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw

[Your email is all on one line. Please put newlines in at about the 72
column mark or so.]

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 10:12:49PM -0400, Database wrote:
> I have a multihomed ethernet card that has two ip static address. One address i would like to allow all traffic. The second I am using natd to redirect the address to a different machine. I do not want to set the firewall type to open. If I set it to filename or simple it will not allow any traffic through on either ip address. Could you help me with the configuration of ipfw.

The 'simple' setting is not meant for a machine doing NAT. When you
use a filename, what do you put in the file? Could you post the rules
you are trying to use? We need more of an idea of what you are trying
to do to be of any help.

But if you really want to forward all traffic bound for a particular
address, after you do the divert(4) rule for natd(8), pass all traffic
to that host before heading to more restrictive rules.