Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 1997 20:01:02 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        root@uhf.wireless.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed0 timeouts after upgrade from 2.2-R to 2.2.1-R.

>Has anyone else been having problems with the NE2000 driver under FreeBSD
>2.2.1-RELEASE timing out and behaving eraticaly?  I didn't have this
>problem with 2.2-R. So far it has shown up on two machines that I have
>upgraded from 2.2-R to 2.2.1-R.

   I don't know why this would be...there have been no changes at all to the
driver between 2.2.0 and 2.2.1. It sounds like you might have an interrupt
or other conflict with another device. Are you building a custom kernel with
only the device drivers that you need, or are you using the GENERIC kernel?

-DG

David Greenman