Date:      Wed, 06 Feb 2008 02:43:51 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with router problem

Eugen wrote:
> Are there really no experienced FreeBSD users who can help me
> with my "behind a router" problem ? Should I post it again ?
> Should I just give up using BSD altogether due to an unusable
> system? I would not like this idea, I was really starting to like it.

I'm not a very experienced user, but I read through your posts and it is
indeed puzzling.

Did you try to set an address manually on the interface, boot without
any "ifconfig"-statement in rc.conf and then
ifconfig dc0 inet 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
and
route add default 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.1.1

Perhaps post your rc.conf as well.

Is the router in the arp cache (arp -a)

?

--per