Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:43:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dan Odom <daniel@thelonious.spidome.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI timeouts

I have an Adaptec 1522A ISA scsi adapter on aic0.  Any devices
connected to it time out.  I've tried an IBM floptical and an Iomega
Zip.  Everything detects properly on boot, but scsi -f hangs the
machine.  It REALLY hangs -- I have to turn it off to unhang it.  I've
checked the IRQ (11), DMA (none), IO (0x340), and BIOS address
(0xdc000 - 0xdffff) and there are no conflicts.  The only other device
on the ISA bus is an NE2000 compatible NIC.  There is an EIDE
controller and an S3 video adapter on the PCI bus.  SCSI is terminated
properly and the devices are detected by the correct drivers (uk0 for
the floptical and sd0 for the Zip).

I'm stumped.  Any ideas?
--
Daniel Odom
System administrator (sometimes) and web guy (the rest of the time)