Date:      Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:49:16 -0500
From:      Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: graphical login screen!

Marc W wrote:

> > how can i setup a graphical login screen instead of the usual
> > login screen? is it possible? can xwindows handle it?
> >

>     look at /etc/ttys.  There's already a commented out line for xdm in
> there, and if you want to use something zippier, such as kdm or gdm,
> they're not much harder.

Unless you want to have multiple graphical login screens.

Has anyone accomplished this with gdm for instance?

Instead of 8 virtual consoles, I'd rather have 4 graphical login prompts
and 4 text-based ones... but, I've never been able to make it work
correctly. I get hundreds of X errors and some stuff doesn't work...

Any luck out there?

Erik.