Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:04:25 +0100
From:      Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64+NVIDIA

--nextPart1202839.1DiLYHdIaT

On Friday 29 December 2006 17:02, Fulvio Mariola wrote:
> I have installed FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 to the  notebook. The graphic-card
> is NVIDIA GeFORCE Go 7600.
> The NVIDIA vendor don't release driver for This architecture.
> Can I try??

You can use the open source nv(4x) driver; this will probably be "fast enou=
gh"=20
although it is notably missing any dual head features (might be important i=
f=20
you need to do presentations with the laptop).

> I make the kernel or to return at ix86 architecture?

Yes, i386 runs fine on amd64 machines.

[ade], running i386 on this amd64x2 because of dual-head + nvidia, but=20
thinking of swapping in a leftover ATI R300=20

=2D-=20
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot