Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:27:42 -0700
From:      jayanth <jayanth@yahoo-inc.com>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        kfl <kfl@xiphos.ca>, freebsd - net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: T/TCP and FreeBSD 4.5

Mike Silbersack (silby@silby.com) wrote:

> Ho ho, ok, now to the real answer.  In order to make the syn cache more
> resistant to denial of service attacks, one of its features is that it
> will not accept any data in the initial SYN packet.  In 99.9% of the
> cases, this is fine, as TCP stacks don't tend to send data along with a
> SYN.  I guess T/TCP differs, though...

You are right, however this should happen only on the first connection,
between two hosts. All subsequent connections should behave normally
as there will be a cached route between these two hosts.

Try running multiple connections between the same two hosts and you
should see subsequent ttcp connections behave normally.

jayanth