Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:59:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Terje Elde <telde@online.no>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NO_IDEA

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Terje Elde wrote:

> Because of copyright issues OpenSSL is being built with -DNO_IDEA. IMHO
> it's bad to do this for all systems, as it's only limited in some
> countries.
>
> What I'm wondering if we could do is to add a COUNTRY=whatever, which
> could be used to look up a value in a file which could provide information
> about patent issues for algorithms like IDEA, as well as be a nice index
> to which ftp server to use by default.

This has already been suggested..it won't be implemented for 4.0, but
might be looked at afterwards. The problem is the extra complexity it
adds..

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson