Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:48:56 -0800
From:      Michael Haro <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPsec VPN w/ RIP security?

Hi, I have a cable modem and have used IPsec to setup a VPN between my home
network, office WAN and another location I life.  I want to use RIP to
discover all the routes but I'm worried about random RIP broadcasts on the
cable line.  With Freeswan, Linux's IPsec implementation, the IPsec
traffic goes over the virtual ipsecX interface and thus limiting RIP
traffic to that interface and the internal Ethernet interface is easy.  Is
there any way I can setup something secure like that in FreeBSD?  I'm
trying to mess with creating the IPsec link and also using the gifX
interfaces, but I have yet to be successful.

Any pointers would be great.  Is there a better place for me to ask this
question?

Thanks,

Michael