Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:59:23 -0700
From:      Jim Pazarena <fquest@paz.bz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   proper way to setup laptop with apache22

I'm setting up a laptop with apache, just to play, basically.

But apache doesn't like the fact that it can't resolve the
lappy's hostname to an IP number and it will not load. The laptop
gets its IP # via DHCP so it changes at various locations.

I could use the localhost name & IP #, which should work.

My laptop is named 'laptop' (laptop.mydomain.com)

Is there a way to have the system utilize it's assigned IP #?
Or do I have to change my apache config to "localhost" ?

thanks.