Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:16:01 -0500
From:      "travis sidelinger" <travissidelinger@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:    Dell Inspiron 5000 802.3 and 802.11b support

I have a Dell Inspiron 5000.  I'm looking to purchase both an 10/100 802.3
and an 802.11b pcmcia ethernet cards.

I'm looking at the following 10/100 cards below.  Does FreeBSD have drivers
for the first 3?

Netgear	FA411
D-Link		DFE-670TXD
SMC		SMC8041TX
Linksys	PCM100

The PCM100 is the only one listed on freeBSD's drive page.  I currently use
a Netgear FA410 card of which I'm not too happy with.  It has media problems
on some networks.  The FA410 and the PCM100 have the same chipset.

Anyone have a recomendation for 802.11b pcmcia cards?

Any idea when freeBSD will support 32 bit cardbus?  I'd like to use one of
the new Prism2 802.11b pcmcia cards.

Travis