Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:46:25 -0500
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Massimiliano Stucchi" <stucchi@willystudios.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: why does inetd default to enable

That may be the normal behavior, but it's wrong.

Why run the inetd daemon consuming resources when all the
optional servers  it can launch are commented out in inetd.conf?

If not selected in sysinstall inetd should not start.

The statement in /etc/defaults/rc.conf should be changed to
enable="NO"
Then it would be correct.