Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:30:00 +0530
From:      Anoop Kumar Narayanan <anoop.kn@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 8.0 Booting Problem on ZV5320US Laptop

I have recently installed FreeBSD8.0 on my 5 year old HP laptop with
absolute 0 battery backup (behaviour same when batter removed).
Installation works fine but when I try to boot into FreeBSD I get to
the BTX loader screen, after having made any selection and it pauses
for about 15 secs and the computer suddenly powers down. I was able to
boot into the system occasionally lets say about 1 in 5 boots. I am
able to install and boot into Linux without any problem.

On successful boot, I did see a message "battery0: battery
initialization failed"

1. Is there any way to increase the amount of debug messages printed
on the screen to figure out what's happening ?
2. Has it got to do with some module crashing as, I am able to install
and run LINUX without any problem ?
3. Why is there a pause of 15 secs after making the selection ?