Date:      02 Jun 2001 17:17:53 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        i18n@freebsd.org, audit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2CFR: locale names renaming

    AAC> Well, I decide to move to X11 codeset and stay compatible with other *BSD
    AAC> locale names, here is new proposed scheme:

    AAC> *.ISO_*.src -> *.ISO*.src
    AAC> map.ISO_* -> map.ISO* (in colldef)

    AAC> *.ASCII.src -> *.US-ASCII.src

    AAC> ja_JP.EUC.src -> ja_JP.eucJP.src

    AAC> ko_KR.EUC.src -> ko_KR.eucKR.src

    AAC> zh_CN.EUC.src -> zh_CN.eucCN.src

    AAC> zh_TW.Big5.src -> zh_TW.BIG5.src

    AAC> Any comments?

Is backward compatibility preserved? Currently FreeBSD locale
system doesn't permit aliases, so if ko_KR.EUC changed to ko_KR.eucKR
(I definitely agree with it), it can break many application or user
configuration of locale.

--
 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho [sleeping now]                    <http://www.kr.FreeBSD.org/~cjh>;