Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:16:20 +0100
From:      Wim Livens <wim@livens.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jamie Ostrowski <jamie@getsetnet.net>
Subject:   Re: Problem with keyboard on FreeBSD

Op do  14 mrt, 2002 om 06:47:28pm -0600, schreef Ryan Thompson:
> You say this was accidental, but you might benefit from some general
> advice I can give you, should you ever need to accidentally unplug
> your keyboard in the future:

Let me add another tip:

Configure your server to use a serial console.  You don't need an
actual terminal or terminal server.  Just contect it to the second
serial port of another server.  Use something like tip on one server
to connect to the other and vice versa.

I once created a 10 hop daisy chain this way before I dedicated one
crap i486 as terminal server.

--
Wim Livens.