Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:19:59 -0500
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@targetnet.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   amr or mlx RAID products

I'm trying to get feedback on the AMI Enterprise and Mylex AcceleRAID
controllers, running under 4.x or (preferably) 3.4.  Specifically, I'd like
to use the Ultra160 devices (Mylex 352 and AMI 1600), but Ultra2 will
suffice.

Can anyone who has used these devicese successfully give me a short opinion
on them ?  I'm interested in hearing how difficult they were to configure
(both the controllers themselves and the FreeBSD integration), and if the
units have performed reliably since.

TIA.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                           james@targetnet.com
Targetnet.com Inc.                              Voice/Fax +1 416 306-0466/0452