Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:00:43 -0500
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshamlet@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with kdevelop3

Guys,
I recently built kdevelop3 from the ports tree, and it has been, to say the
least, a bit unstable. Has anyone else had any problems with it?

Specifically, after opening a project, it will crash out very easily. Closing
the project, adding files to the project -  even closing the application a
project open will cause a crash handler to pop up. I thought it might be
having a problem with old configuration files, so I removed all of the
kdevelop specific configuration files from my home directory.

I'm not sure whether this is a specific build problem on my system, perhaps a
problem with the FreeBSD port, or a kdevelop issue. It seems a bit strange
they would call this a "stable" build if it were happening to everyone. Also,
since it isn't yet built into a package, perhaps it's just a port bug that
hasn't been worked out yet?

As for the build environment, it's a FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE system (I haven't
cvsup'ed the base system). I am using the ports tree from Monday, around
12:00 PM EST.

Also, how do you turn on debugging information when you compile via the ports
tree? If I need to file a kde bug report, it would be nice to have a full
backtrace.

Thanks,
Seth Henry