Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 11:58:05 -0400
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <jerry.alexandratos@perspectives.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Intuitive Design Archives <archive@in-design.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best Laptop for FreeBSD

Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> says:
: > 	I am thinking of buying a new laptop, and will install FreeBSD on
: > it.  I was wondering which laptops work well with FreeBSD and has almost
: > all support.
:
: I've had *really* good luck with IBM's.  My new 366Mhz ThinkPad 600E
: works great, although I haven't (yet) tried to get sound working, I
: don't expect to have any problems.

I agree with Nate.  This is a solid machine.  Only caveat is that you
need to install with >=64M of mem and then build a kernel where MAXMEM=
whatever the machine reports when it first boots.

Nate, try this (works for me):

device		pcm0	at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x13

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 302.521.1018               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jalexand@perspectives.net  ||  ...It's much more important