Date:      Sat, 05 Aug 2000 15:52:37 -0700
From:      Mike Muir <mmuir@es.co.nz>
To:        Markko Merzin <markko@torn.eau.ee>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: full duplex audio on 4.1-S

Markko Merzin wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I noticed that when audio device is opened in read-write mode, then at
> first its working well, but when device is closed and re-opened, audio
> driver quits working and those messages apperas on console window:
>
> [1] markko@leida:~$ cat </dev/audio > /dev/audio
> # it works, nice echoes and everything :-)
> ^C
> # and now it started ..
> overrun, dumping 2048 bytes
> overrun, dumping 2048 bytes
> overrun, dumping 2048 bytes

All I can say is that I tried this and recieved the exact same reaction.

dmesg:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> port 0xc800-0xc81f irq 18 at device 11.0 on
pci0

[ogre] [/] # cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Jul 28 2000 15:59:59
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0xc800 irq 18 (4p/3r channels duplex)

	-mike