Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:02:45 -0500
From:      "Shawn Kennedy" <shawnlkennedy@lucent.com>
To:        "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>, "mpd" <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
Cc:        <alan.edmonds@t-motion.net>, <rehsack@liwing.de>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: kernel install problem

So based upon Kent's info and Mike's info, should the cvsupfile
look like this instead?

*default  host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr
*default  release=cvs
*default  tag=RELENG_4
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

src-all
*default tag=.
ports-all
doc-all

I do want to stay with -STABLE.  Is it possible to fix this
with a new cvsup with a corrected cvsupfile as Mike stated to?

Also, as to why the kernel build is installing in /boot/kernel/,
at the top of the kernel build, it lists a variable KMODDIR
that is set to /boot/kernel/. I have no idea where this is getting
set or by whom.

I have made no real modifications to /etc/make.conf (set the
XFREE86_VERSION to 4) and did not modify any Makefiles.

(BTW, I thought top-posting would be the norm as you would want to
see the follow-up without having to wade through the whole post.
On a list server, I can see why this would be a disadvantage. Sorry.)

Shawn