Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:54:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Kinder <benjaminkinder@yahoo.com>
To:        Aaron <click46@webpimps.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Darwin and FreeBSD on PPC

Aaron,

If your machine is made by Apple, and you want BSD on
it, your best bet right now is NetBSD www.netbsd.org .
NetBSD runs on almost all hardware platforms, and
their PPC support is good.  It is slightly more
difficult for a new user to install than FreeBSD, and
they don't have as many applications prepackaged, but
since all BSDs have "correctness" listed as one of
their main project goals, if you know one BSD you
could probably get around any other.  I use three of
the BSDs myself, NetBSD on weird/old hardware, OpenBSD
as a firewall, and FreeBSD as a webserver -- They are
all excellent systems.

Ben

message