Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:11:57 +0100
From:      Fleuriot Damien <ml@my.gd>
To:        Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>, goksin.akdeniz@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: make install package?

On Jan 10, 2013, at 10:21 PM, Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> G=C3=B6k=C5=9Fin Akdeniz wrote:
>> Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:04:59 -0500 tarihinde
>> Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com> yazm=C4=B1=C5=9F:
>>> What is the default path for the packages to be stored in?
>>> Is it /usr/packages?
>>>=20
>> It is "/usr/ports/packages/All".
>>> If that is indeed the default location, how do I get the
>>> "make install package" command put it there automatically?
>>>=20
>> All packages will be stored
>> in /usr/ports/packages/All/relevant/sub/directory. There is no need
>> for any any configuration or files. "# make package" is the proper
>> command for building packages which are/is installed via ports.
>=20
> Is the upcoming pkgng going to have any effect on this?

Funny you should ask, I was toying with that just yesterday, as a matter =
of fact.

Works well with pkgng, it lets me create static packages of already =
installed ports:
# pkg create -nao /usr/ports/packages/All

Then creating the repo.txz file for use by clients is rather easy"
# pkg repo -qf /usr/ports/packages

And then, on your client host:
# /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf
PACKAGESITE	    : http://195.158.241.101