Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:19:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kip Macy <kip.macy@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RDMA support on FreeBSD

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Kip Macy wrote:

> Chelsio's T3 card supports iWARP (RDMA over TCP). I've ported OpenFabric's
> kernel infrastructure for supporting RDMA to FreeBSD. Do we think that other
> RDMA providers (IB or iWARP) will be interested in supporting FreeBSD? If so
> it makes sense to put it under sys/contrib/rdma, otherwise I'll just add it
> as another module under cxgb.

Kip,

Could you put up a snapshot of the changes somewhere, along with some
documentation as to the architecture, changes to FreeBSD, changes to the
openfabric bits, etc, and pointers to any pertinent documentation that may
already exist and would answer obvious and less obvious questions?

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge