Date:      Mon, 09 Dec 1996 08:03:26 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: mfs module -- seems to work..

>I've noticed the following bogosities:
>
>. mount_mfs without previously loading the lkm causes:
>
>  mount_mfs: /mnt: Operation not supported by device
>  /kernel: pid 28996 (mount_mfs), uid 0: exited on signal 11\
>   (core dumped)
>
>  (It's supposed to first load the lkm.)

Ok.  I did some looking into this, and now I am really stumped.  There seems
to be something quite strange afoot here. :\  I have traced the problem to
vfsload().  (/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/getvfsent.c:233)  It would seem that the
chdir() call is failing on a bad file descriptor!?  Does anyone have any
ideas why this might happen? How a chdir("/var/tmp") ever fail?

--Chris Csanady

>  attempts to umount it hung (interruptible), and i had to kill
>  off the `mfs' process manually.

Ive not noticed this one..