Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:04:42 -0700
From:      Tim Jones <ctjones@dankaoi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation with Multiple Hard Drives (EIDE & SCSI)

Hi,
I've been trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.2 on my HP Vectra VL 5/100.  I
have a Western Digital 5.1 GB (EIDE) and an OLD DEC RZ25 406MB SCSI
attached to a BT-948 BusLogic Adapter.  I've tried installing FreeBSD
2.2.2 on the SCSI drive.  The installation seems to proceed with no
problems.

The problems occur when I actuallly try to boot FreeBSD.  I am also
using System Commander 3.01.  System Commander detects the new OS, but
one of two things happens.  One, System Commander tells me the partition
is possibly corrupt.  Two, System Commander attempts to boot FreeBSD and
I then get a "READ ERROR".

Just for kicks, I tried installing RedHat Linux 4.2 on the SCSI drive
and everything worked just great. No problems at all.  I've installed
FreeBSD before, but never in a EIDE & SCSI system.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated!
Thanks!