Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 1995 02:16:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   More devfs stuff

Before I forget, it seems like people are leaning towards the
/dev/xxx/zzz style for the DEVFS project.  I've seen quite a few
examples that list /dev/pty/00 as the format they want (for example).
Please, lets save us a lot of trouble down the road and make
it /dev/pty/000.  I've been through one conversion that went from
a 64 to a 256+ limit in this area, and I would not like
to do it again.  Heck, even /dev/pty/0000 isn't even really
out of line these days.

Repeat after me:  future expansion, future expansion...
--
Mike Pritchard
pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu