Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 17:56:22 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Pina, Derrick" <DPina@USCO.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: double fault

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 09:06:58 EST, "Pina, Derrick" wrote:

> I have heard this might be caused by an overheat or too many users at the
> same time. If anybody has any ides on this please advise.

Wait for a response from a more qualified person, but in the mean time
I'd say that this isn't the result of having "too many users at the same
time".  I think whoever told you that was thinking of mbuf starvation
which can occur when the network activity of the box reaches levels
beyond those anticipated with the confusingly named kernel option
``maxusers''.

I'd say the much more likely culprit is your hardware.  Inadequately
cooled CPU's aren't the only possible problem, but they certainly make
for a cheap fix if that's what it is. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.