Date:      Tue, 06 Sep 2016 16:37:18 +0700
From:      Olivier <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD, OpenLDAP and 2048 bits certificates

Hi,

I have several FreeBSD server, authenticating to LDAP, this has been
working fine for years.

I want to update the certificate I am currently using for OpenLDAP, from
a 1024 bit self signed to a 2048 bits properly signed certificate.

When I do the change in OpenLDAP server, Ubuntu clients, Mac OS X
clients, perls clients, php clients are happy. They recognize the new
certificate and the change is transparent.

But it is not for FreeBSD (namely nss_ldap and pam_ldap). It looks like
the server part of OpenLDAP is working fine, but not the client part.

Have you any idea what the problem could be?

best regards,

Olivier