Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 14:06:43 +0800 (TSD)
From:      "Victor A. Sudakov" <vas@vas.tomsk.su>
To:        Johnson@subr.cmq.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help on installing FreeBSD

Johnson@subr.cmq.com wrote:

>             I need help installing FreeBSD 2.2.1

[...]

> created three partitions on my hard drive. Drive C: primary partition
> running Dos 6.22/Win 3.1, a hidden primary partition running Windows
> 95 and an extended partition which is a logical drive D: with about
> 205MB on it. I wish to install FreeBSD on drive D.

You cannot install FreeBSD 2.1.x on a logical drive or in an extended
partition. You must install it in a primary partition.

I am not sure about 2.2.1 but I would be greatly surprised if it can be
installed in an extended partition.

I am afraid you will have to backup and repartition your disk.

--
Victor Sudakov
http://www.tomsk.su/r/persons/vas.htm