Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 12:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Manuel <paul8@cs.mun.ca>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   RE: kern/1473: kernel fails to compile with 64MB of RAM.

The following reply was made to PR kern/1473; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Manuel <paul8@cs.mun.ca>
To: Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 16:35:25 -0230 (NDT)

 On 07-Aug-96 Garrett Wollman wrote:
 >><<On Wed, 7 Aug 1996 11:07:52 -0230 (NDT), paul8@cs.mun.ca said:
 >

 >> 	The kernel fails to compile when this machine has 64MB of memory
 >> installed. Works fine with 32 and 16 Megs of memory. Works with 64MB if the
 >> external cache is turned off.
 >
 >You have either bad memory or a bad cache.  It's not a FreeBSD
 >problem.  (Generally, anything that starts working when the cache is
 >turned off is more than likely a symptom of a bad motherboard.)

 Thanks for the reply. You guessed the problem, it is the motherboard. I just
 found out that there are known problems with the brand that I have when running
 some UNIX flavors on them. Cheers

 Paul Manuel
 Systems Programmer
 Memorial University of NF