Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:30:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James E. Flemer" <jflemer@acm.jhu.edu>
To:        <dwcjr@FreeBSD.org>, <trevor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   samba 2.2.8 in fbsd 4.8

I suppose the maintainer is aware, but a big old security hole
was found in Samba.  I think it would be in our best interest if
the Samba port was updated to 2.2.8 before the 4.8 release.  I
know we're in a port freeze but I think this would be allowed
in.  Unless of course the patches Trevor just added address
this, Trevor?  Even if the patches do, we might want the release
version rather than a snapshot.  I'll take a look at updating
the port if the maintainer cannot at this time.

-James